The Valley’s best performers of all ages are presented in this exciting talent competition that has become a McCallum audience favorite and sell-out event. Local artists team up with the staff and crew to present four visually stunning and energy filled performances. This Valley-wide talent competition is the perfect opportunity to showcase your talent! If you sing, dance, play an instrument, juggle, do magic, comedy, or another self-contained novelty act, here's your chance to perform at the McCallum. Finalists will appear on stage at McCallum Theatre in four performances. Audience members vote for their favorite performer at the first three performances and celebrate the winners at the final performance on Saturday evening.
The Helen Turner Grand Prize - $2,500
2nd Place - $750
Audience Choice - $750
Talent Achievement (Vocal/Dance/Instrumental/Specialty) - $500
Solo - $100
Duet - $200
Small Group - $300
Ensemble - $500
Apply electronically beginning October 1, 2016
Entry Deadline: December 2, 2016
All who enter must commit to the following rehearsal/performance schedule.
Live auditions: January 9 & 16, 2017, 5pm-9pm
April 7, 2017, 5pm-9pm
April 8, 2017, 9am-5pm
April 9, 2017, 12pm-9pm
April 10, 2017, 4pm-9pm
April 11, 2017, 5pm-9pm
April 12, 2017, 3pm-9pm
April 13, 2017, 7pm
April 14, 2017, 7pm
April 15, 2017, 2pm & 7pm
• There is no cost to enter
• Complete an electronic application form and upload a video file per piece entered. Audio files are no longer accepted.
• A maximum of (2) entries are allowed per performance group or individual. Separate log in information, electronic forms and video file are required per piece entered. Please remember your log in information per piece entered. You will need it to access important information.
• All files must be clearly labeled with the performer's name and title of performance piece.
• Maximum length of performance piece - (5) minutes.
• Incomplete materials or those exceeding the time limit will not be processed.
• The video file must contain only the piece being entered. No exceptions.
• Professional recordings are not required, but attention to quality, clarity and point of view are essential for accurate review.
• Family friendly material only. No off color language or mature subject matter allowed.
• Once your entry is received it will be reviewed by a screening panel.
• Performers will be selected to audition live at McCallum Theatre before an audition panel based on the materials entered.
• If your entry is selected you will be contacted no later than January 6, 2017.
• Finalists will perform for a live audience at McCallum Theatre in four performances on Thursday, April 13, Friday, April 14 and Saturday, April 15, 2017.
• All performers must:
- be at least (8) years of age.
- reside within a 45 mile radius of McCallum Theatre.
- be non-professionals, i.e. you may not generate fifty percent (50%) or more of your wages from performing.
- commit to the entire rehearsal / performance schedule.
• Performances must be totally self-contained.
• A piano, microphone, and sound system will be provided by McCallum Theatre.
• Props are permissible; however the placement of the props must not interfere with the flow of the performance. All props must clear the stage immediately following the performance. No littering of the stage is allowed.